Band Competition: Sanderson (click to see itinerary)
Sanderson Competition Itinerary
9:00am – Report to HHS
- We will dress in uniform at HHS before we leave
- Load equipment
10:10am – All meet in band room
10:25am – Dismiss to buses
10:30am – Depart for Sanderson HS
- Bring a snack to eat on the bus!!!
11:00am – Arrive at Sanderson HS
12:00am – Warmup begins
12:40pm – End warmup
12:45pm – Gate/staging area
1:00pm – HERITAGE COMPETES!!!
- after we compete, we will undress and pack equipment
- eat lunch at the competition $
- eat dinner at the competition $
5:00pm – Leadership should be dressed for awards
5:15pm – Sanderson Exhibition
5:30pm – Preliminary Awards Ceremony
PLAN A – HHS makes finals
6:15-9:45pm – Dress, warmup, perform
* time will be determined upon placement
from awards ceremony. We will need to be
one of the top 8 bands to make finals or a class
10:15pm – Capital Cup Awards Ceremony
Approx. 10:45pm – depart for HHS
Approx. 11:15pm – arrive at HHS
* unpack, discuss, dismiss (11:45pm)
PLAN B – HHS does not make finals
Approx.. 6:15pm - depart for HHS
Approx. 6:45pm - arrive at HHS
*unpack, discuss, and dismiss (7:15pm)
- EAT BREAKFAST before arrival at HHS that morning!!!
- Don’t forget show shirts, black socks, and black marching shoes.
- You will want to bring a snack to eat on the bus ride to Sanderson.
- Bring moneyfor two meals (lunch/dinner) at the competition.
- An email, text message, Tweet, Instagram, and Facebook post will be made informing parents of our itinerary following the awards ceremony. Students are also encouraged to use cell phones to call and/or text parents to let them know of plans.
TEXT MESSAGES: text “marchhhs” to 81010